Practice Area Descriptions
Lawyers You Can Rely On
At Schmiesing, Blied, Stoddart & Mackey, our attorneys create long-term relationships with our clients, providing you with friendly assistance as you deal with issues affecting your finances, family and estate.
Contact us to schedule a meeting at our main office in Santa Ana, California, or at our satellite office in Fullerton, California.
A Range of Helpful Practice Areas
In addition to our adoption services, our attorneys counsel and represent clients on a variety of business and family matters:
- Estate planning: Depending on your unique circumstances and estate planning goals, there are a variety of options that are available to fulfill your wishes with regard to your assets and health care.
- Wills and trusts: The most basic estate planning mechanisms are wills — an essential part of any estate plan — and trusts, which can give you greater flexibility and privacy.
- Probate, estates and trust administration: If you have been appointed executor, administrator or trustee to handle the affairs of a loved one who has died, we can help you fulfill your legal responsibilities.
- Guardianship and conservatorship: These legal processes allow you to protect an incapacitated adult or a child by establishing oversight over that person's custody, health care and finances.
- Tax planning and asset protection: You've worked hard to build your assets, it's worth your while to explore all of your options for preserving and maintaining control over those assets to the greatest extent possible.
- Business law and real estate: Whether you are starting a business, have legal needs with regard to an existing business or need help completing a real estate transaction, we can help.
You can rely on our lawyers to provide personalized legal services in line with your goals. Contact us today.
Comprehensive Adoption Services
At Schmiesing, Blied, Stoddart & Mackey, a significant portion of our practice is devoted to adoption. Our work in this area involves both legal representation and a holistic approach to counseling and assisting clients interested in adoption.
If you are interested in becoming an adoptive parent, we can help you understand the adoption process, consider your options among the many different types of adoption and explore trends in adoption such as open adoptions. We also maintain a separate Web site for expectant mothers who want to learn more about adoption.